Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anime Review: Shinryaku! Ika Musume


Shinryaku! Ika Musume, or "Invade! Squid Girl" is a comedy anime about a girl who claims to be a squid who has ventured on to land in order to invade, seeking revenge for all of the misdeeds done to her beloved ocean. Ika Musume is another wacky anime, and as such, can be a little obnoxious at times. You definitely have to be in the right mind set for this show. However, it's also funny, fairly well animated, and at times pretty darn adorable.



In the first few episodes you are introduced to most of the main characters, with more being introduced later on in the series. They each have their own character traits that are beaten to death as the show continues. There's the generic tomboyish-character, the school-friend, the shota, the seemingly-innocent-but-really-yandere character, the lesbian, the obnoxious American stereotypes, the ripped surfer guy, the shy-beyond-all-belief girl, the list goes on...

With each episode divided into three parts, this anime is great for people with small attention spans such as myself. The soundtrack isn't very memorable, aside from maybe the catchy opening theme to the first season, but the rest of the show makes up for it. It's a pretty solid anime for its type. I give Shinryaku! Ika Musume a 7/10 ~de geso.

17 comments:

  1. this looks kinda cool i just finish soul eater i need something new

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I have that small of an attention span..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are incredibly cute :P But it isn't my type of show...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've watched this. :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with tracer. Ill skip this one. Not my thing. Need something less on the cutesy side

    ReplyDelete
  6. She must really like dinosaurs. Steggasaur Steggasaur

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to chekc this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the premise sounds really interesting... and the animation is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think this is for me either. Looks almost too generic/cliched if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "This anime is great for people with small attention spans'... did you hear that, Mr Bush?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's almost sickeningly cute, haha.

    ReplyDelete