Friday, January 20, 2012

Bye bye, Megaupload


I know I'm a little late, but file sharing site Megaupload was taken down by the US Government yesterday. SOPA hasn't even passed and they're taking down sites. And it's not even a US site - Megaupload originated in Hong Kong. How long will it be before sites like Rapidshare, Mediafire, and the like are taken down is well? Mediafire has already dramatically pumped up its rule enforcement and has been taking down file after file since Megaupload's shut down. Ugh, government... I think we need separation of internet and state.

18 comments:

  1. so.. this is SOPA :(

    following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it hurt a lot for me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodnight sweet prince

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garbage, the U.S. government needs to pull it's head for its collective behinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night, sweet princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder whats next. Rapidshare? Filesonic? Fileserve? give me a break. Gov needs to get their head out their own ass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this does not happen to TPB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pirate bay will be next. Those people are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we just need to build our own Internet with our own DNS servers that are not controlled by any government but controlled by the people

    ReplyDelete
  10. They pick a strange time to start this stuff...right before an election.

    ReplyDelete
  11. noooo we will miss you megaupload, and i hope media fire doesn't go!
    haha separation of internet and state!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be honest, I think Dropbox is next.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The government is the same wherever you live. They keep themselves busy with the easy stuff while ignoring what's really important. Idiots. I may be called a dinosaur by one of my readers, but those government freaks still believe they can control the internet. Let's all stop paying tax. See what happens.

    ReplyDelete