Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mini Movie Review: Office Space


I'm sure this movie has been reviewed to death by now, but I just watched it recently for the first time, so eh, what the heck. Office Space is about an office. It is not about space. Cubicle worker Peter Gibbons is pissed off about everything, but mostly his job. After visiting a hypnotist with his girlfriend, Peter decides to just stop caring about everything. He stops going to work, and does pretty much whatever he wants not worrying about the consequences. In doing this, he somehow manages to get a promotion, the girl of his dreams, and basically the life he's always wanted.

Without giving away too much more, lemme just say this was a great movie. Funny jokes, good acting, all the dialogue was spot-on. The story advanced very well at an excellent pace and will easily keep you enthralled. The only thing holding me back from giving this movie a near perfect score is that there wasn't really anything wow-worthy in it. Sure, everything was done well, and it was a great movie, but I just can't give it a score equal to classic masterpieces when there wasn't anything particularly spectacular about it. So in the end, I give Office Space an 8/10.

Also this: http://spreadmystaplerandflyaway.ytmnd.com/

13 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I have to watch this now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this movie. I know an office machine I would really like to take a bat too as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this movie. It is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend loves this movie to death. I have to admit it's pretty good. We always keep quoting the boss guy about the TPS reports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this movie either. I should probably get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good movie friends

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched this movie too, and I empathize with the idiosyncrasies the film has to offer. Yes, if a person is pushed far beyond his/her stress levels, they are bound to crack up. So it's a must that they work in a wholesome and controlled environment.

    ReplyDelete