Thursday, March 1, 2012

Remember the Top 5 Video Games list?
Well here's a notable mention...

Notable Mention: Mega Man Legends


This game itself is basically a legend now in the Mega Man community. Many fans still say it's their favorite one in the franchise, while others couldn't care less that there were only two (and a half) games, destined to never be continued. This game and its sequel came out in the late 90's/early 2000's. There was also a spin-off game called "The Misadventures of Tron Bonne" starring the comical band of thieves from the the series. I can easily say that this game is my favorite third-person shooter of all time.

Unlike other titles in the Mega Man franchise, Mega Man Legends is a game where you run around on a 3D playing field shooting up "reverbots" in attempt to find treasure and progress in the actually-somewhat-captivating-story. The story is enhanced by full-on, humorous voice acting in the PS1 version of the game as well as some well-animated and well-presented cutscenes.

The reason I chose this game over Mega Man Legends 2 is in its simplicity. Mega Man Legends is a completely solid, even if somewhat short game. It can be completed in around 6 hours. But I could replay this game time and time again. The second game... not so much. It branched out into some pretty crazy plot twists and delivered some not-so-necessary "improvements" into gameplay. Still fun though. Anyway, yeah. Mega Man Legends. Great game. Not good quite good enough to make it into my top 5, but certainly in my top 10.

Oh, also Data is awesome.

11 comments:

  1. I actually played the 64 version. I hear the PS1 version was better, because the 64 version was for me not very thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog hedgehog, following for more !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the monkey character

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this one but still like the snes ones better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Used to play this game a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never played any mega man game >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never played it. :C i have played the old gameboy version though.

    ReplyDelete